View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #2820
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Police report was made, of course. I took down all the guys insurance. Sad part was....the insurance paper had the advertising divisions number for the insurance company on the ins card vs the claims number. I called and called, left messages, etc. I finally got a call back from that number saying I was calling the advertising section. No kidding....make it harder for people to contact them right off the bat... I had to get the proper ins info off the internet.

I called his ins once and was told someone would be assigned the case, would contact me, etc. No one has. I was told it would be 24/48 hours but they could rush it. Nope. I know it was the holiday weekend, but nothing.

Since no one contacted me, I called my insurance and they said they'd handle it and would contact them/bill them, etc. paying for the repairs out of pocket for now should I need. I already went to a place that does ins adjustments and estimates for my ins co having my car looked at. I sent the appraisal over to them and they are forwarding it to the proper ins co.

Looks like everything should work out. BUT....it was that diminished value that I'm concerned about.
Letting them handle it is the easiest. As far as diminished value, I have no idea what Tx law is, did you ask your insurance adjuster? Don't let them tell you no though, unless they're quoting law, which you can always check. As far as more diminished value as a collector vehicle, that likely won't fly, even though I agree with you.

If you just get one estimate their adjuster may want to look at it, and attempt to low-ball you, that's where it's best for your body shop to deal with them.