View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Question The Great Orbital/Polisher Debate-- HELP!

Alright, so I'm trying to figure out what to do.

My car desperately needs some buffing and polishing. I have all of the Adams stuff I need to get the job done (Fine machine polish, buttery wax, swirl and haze remover, etc). But I don't have the Porter Cable; I have a brand new Craftsman orbital.

All I've heard on here are people saying how anything but a PC sucks, how I'm going to destroy the paint on my car, etc etc etc. WHY are people saying this? Because now you've all got me terrified to use a perfectly good orbital, and I just can't justify spending the money on a PC 7424XP-- although I've found one on eBay for $106 shipped.

So what should I do? Try my orbital? I've never used one before, but I spend tons of time hand-polishing and waxing my car, and I'm not a total idiot, so I don't see why everyone shrieks that I will destroy my paint. Please advise, and if you think I CAN use my Craftsman random orbital, will you tell me what bonnets or whatever I should get for it, and give me some pointers on technique?

TIA

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote