View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #7592
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Wow, there's a lot going on there

I was only posing the question because I was not aware you were using a separate heat exchanger to reduce the coolant temperature.

That being said, wouldn't you would want to have the heat exchanger located in the line prior to running the liquid coolant through that sweet looking intake?

Regardless, that is one really awesome setup
It starts to flow through the entire system when the car is started, think of a cars coolant system without a thermostat, its all inline, so it does go through the exchanger before the intake. I hope I'm explaining this all well.

Street loop=coolant tank, coolant flows into intake, through heat echanger inside intake, out other side of intake, back to heat exchanger in grill, back to coolant tank & repeat the cycle.

Race loop=coolant tank, coolant flows through heat exchanger inside of ice box, coolant flows into intake, through heat exchanger inside intake, out other side of intake, back to heat exchanger in grill, back to coolant tank & repeat the cycle.

Switches in the console=the switches on the right are to select my street tune which is 91 octane, or my race gas tune which is C16, pretty damn cool, just flip a switch & fill it up with my fuel of choice. The switch on the right is to activate the pump for the ice tank, I drive around with it off, if I'm gonna make some runs I just add ice & flip the switch to drop intake temps to freezing levels

Cord & the button=figured I'd include a pic of my line lock, I just plug in the quarter inch plug, step on brakes & push the button, release my foot from the brakes while holding the button, my front brakes stay locked while my back brakes release, I can then do a huge tire heating burn out without frying my rear brakes, when tires are heated I just release the button & the front brakes release back to normal.

The ice lasts for 1 mile runs before its starts to go back to normal which is still a lot better than an air to air system that we had data on.

Iat2 at the start after staging & heating tires 90 degrees
Iat1 at the start after staging & heating tires 160 degrees

End of run
Iat2 140-150
Iat1 310-320
At 19 psi
Attached Images