View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
I might be a little late to the party on this one, but we had almost the exact same thing. A coworker of my wife who was riding in the car, opened the door right into a parked work vehicle. Put a small kink on the mid-line ridge of the door about a half inch from the rear edge of the door. Most people didn't notice it, but you know how it is...
It was the same thing for me. I always dreaded any kind of damage, because I know enough about paint to know you can never perfectly match any metallic. I looked into paint-less dent repair, but they couldn't do it because it was on the door seam. And I also cringed when the painter told me how big an area he might have to paint.
But he also proved to be very knowledgeable about SGM, and had done it before. He explained in detail the process they had to go through to get it just right to their satisfaction. They didn't just read the directions on the can. They experimented until they knew how to make it match, and could do it again and again with confidence.
We sent a SGM friend that needed some serious work, there, and they delivered. We finally took ours in and got it done. When we got it back three weeks ago, it was raining, so I had to wait for it to stop raining before I could get a good look at how well they had done. It stopped raining today, so I got a brief chance to look at it in sunshine. It looks great. I can't tell where the repair ends. So I'm saying it is possible to repair this stuff, you just have to have a good conversation with your painter and decide if you think they sound knowledgeable enough.
Either that; or take a road trip over the continental divide to the coast here, and I'll direct you to a guy I can vouch for!

Good luck!

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote