Thread: My V6 update
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #32
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

here is a story I have to tell. my dad bought a 85 sedan deville one of the new small front drive ones with the small V8. we bought it when it was only 3 years old from a used car lot. the car was mainly for my step mom who used it for work, car had great power and decent MPG. well one day my dad and my brother and me were heading to the mall on a sunday morning. only sears was open so we were walking to that part of the mall when a man was calling out to us. he ran up and asked us if that was our caddy and my dad told him it was. he said well you have bad oil leak. we walk back to the car and you can see a puddle about 6-8" diameter under the car and a trail of oil leading out the back of the car and down to the end of the parking lot. now the oil light never came on but it did when my dad turned the key on (did not start it). we called AAA and had them tow it to our local GM car dealer that sold caddys. the car was still under warranty from the factory they gave us a BRAND new crate motor from the factory. the problem with the car was those early 'baby' caddys had iron blocks with aluminum heads and the seals went bad (my dad was not aware of this, but he was now). we got the car fixed and good as new and the car stayed with us till it was traded in a few years later. so dont let 'the man' tell you he is putting a used motor in your new CTS FIGHT THE POWER