View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #70
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
As I have posted before, I want these so bad...but we are expecting 2 -3 inches of rain today in South Florida and it's blowing tree crap everywhere. Until someone can come up with a way to close these off from the top for days like today I can't get them...Damn!

And no, I'm not putting a car cover on every night during the mean season here....
I live in Sarasota, Florida and I have had Hex vents on 2 different Camaros for a year and a half now. My car sits outside everyday in the rain and the only water that gets in my engine compartment from the pans are where the drain holes allow the water to flow to. Which is towards the front radiator area on my car.

If you drive your car in the rain, you are getting water all over your engine.

The water doesn't fall down on my engine at all from rain and as I posted in my photo thread I may get a few drops on my engine cover when I spray the pressure washer aggressively, but only a few drops.

GM knows that water sprays the engine compartment from under the car as well and from the grill when you drive in the rain. So they have rubber seals on all the wiring harness connections. I understand your worried about a flood of water coming in and flooding the pans, but that just doesn't happen. Even in the hardest of downpours my drains handled the rain and flowed out through the holes.

If you live close by, you are welcome to come see my car any time.

Just message me

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 07-20-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote