View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #71
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Sounds harsh to me. I'd rather the engineers take their time to make sure and get it right the first time before letting me download it to my device. To me, rushing an update to market is asking for worse repercusions should it fail or have bugs in it. I've seen the Diablo guys all over this forum and their own forum (and other forums I'm sure) putting the word out about the issue and that they were working on it. What else are they supposed to do...run an ad in USA Today or purchase TV time for a public announcement? This is just my opinion but I don't see the infraction on their part to deserve the harsh criticism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Totally agree
Harsh criticism... really? Let me ask you guys this... if you miss a deliverable at work the first time.. the second time... the third time... does your boss give you a hug or let you know there's some issues? Sorry, nothing but fact presented here. If the truth hurts, that's too bad but it should be taken and used constructively to improve... as it is intended.

I've been outright complimentary about some of their support staff - reread it if you missed it. Lew, Vass, aces both. When their team helped me initially, weeks ago, with un-bricking my Camaro (victim of the r10 release), I praised there ability to react then too.

I absolutely agree with and understand the criticality of testing. In this case, testing that's compounded by involving software and hardware which is more complicated - who doesn't get that? I would rather their engineer take his time to make sure and get it right the first time too, and after r10 fell short, we were told r11 would address the compatibility issues... then it became when r12 is available... now we're being told that r13 will be the magic blue pill.

Well, I hope the testing goes well this time. If it happens as advertised (which was going to be today, right?), I'll be the first to pat them on the back.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote