View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Thanks for your reply but that is not where my leak is coming from. Its either coming from the seal between the fuel block and fuel rail or its coming from the plug screw on the bottom of the fuel block.

I pulled the fuel block this weekend and degreased the lowerplug screw. I wanted to just remove the plug screw, reseal it to remove it as a possible leak. If it still leaked when I reinstalled the block, it would obviously be the o-ring that seals between the block and fuel rail.

Since I could not get the plug out, I simply took some high strength, high temp epoxy and filled the recess on the bottom of the block where the plug screw is at. My thinking here is not a permanent fix although I am sure it would hold for quite a while. It would at least hold long enough to tell me if the plug hole was the source of the leak or if it was the O-ring.

Obviously, if the leak stopped, it would be clear it is the plug screw. Just trying to eliminate variables one at a time.

If it is the plug screw it will be a simple fix. As I am a professional firearm manufacturer, I have all the metal machining skills and tooling to mill out the plug screw, retap and install a larger, stronger plug screw that will certainly seal properly.

If this does not solve the problem, I will have to give Magnuson a call and see if they can get me a new fuel block.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote