View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
there is nothing that says you can't break anything on a bone stock SS, that chance is always there.

If you want to get your car setup for Drag Racing there are a number of things that you can do to help your launch, however replacing the axles and stuff won't help that at all, just makes it less likely to break.

Sorry if i can't give you a black and white answer,
well im not even too huge on the drag racing, i just want to be able to beat on the car when i want it without sitting in one place spinning lol
but with how much im pushing i should be fine with my stock axles and shaft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
You're not really going to break anything with 420rwhp. Sure you abuse the car, but I'd concentrate on getting the stance right for your car. Getting coilovers would increase overall grip during turns, not really during acceleration in a straight line, but will help overall in the twisties

I'd personally go that route, then when you get some seriously huge power, then go with axles and other preventative stuff so you don't break the car.
yeah i was going to go with coilovers first but with my bumper sitting so low already.. lowering will just be too risky.. but that my fault.. love the bumper too much lol
what would you suggest if i wanted more power or torque without going supercharger or turbo?

also would you guys suggest me ever using the launch control ever? not necessary on the strips.
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote