View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #140
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I sense a fair amount of animosity on this subject. Maybe it's because I'm looking for it or something. I'm not talking about anyone specifically, but just noticing people coming over to this Section and talking about mod'd SSs stomping all over ZL1 is almost like the Mustang guys coming over to talk about how their GTs and 500s dominate our beloved cars. And I'm not trying to imply that no one other than ZL1-people come in or post in here; not at all. Just debating a mod'd car vs a stock car doesn't make too much sense. If we go that way, then I want to ask comparing the value of a mod'd car vs a stock car.

Anyways - I'm sorry for going off topic a little. I have to admit it starts to get a little frustrating see some people try to justify what their doing in what sometimes seems like an effort to diminish others enthusiasm for this car.

Exactly. I have noticed the same animosity fairly often also.

I think most of us understand that given enough money and effort one can build a modified vehicle that outperforms a stock factory vehicle. We don't need to be told or reminded of that constantly over and over again, which some people appear to have the need to do repetitively, possibly because they feel the need to justify the money and effort they've spent to others, or maybe because, for one reason or another, they've convinced themselves they don't like the ZL1.

Regardless, some people will want to have "the bitchinest car in the valley" and will modify their vehicles to try to achieve that goal. I think that's great. Others aren't as interested being "number one" or in major modifications, and prefer to keep their factory high performance vehicles close to stock, which is great too. I always enjoy looking at muscle cars from different eras that are as they were when they left the showroom floor, as a document of a bit of Americana of their era.

I'll keep my ZL1 in stock condition. I won't be the fastest out there, but it will fast enough for me, and I'll enjoy many pleasurable sunny hours of driving it.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote