View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post

Two cars leave the line at the same time, one accelerates to 100mph, the other to 88 mph. Unless the latter is a DeLorean, is it possible to overtake the former? NO!

I see the point you are trying to make but I actually partially disagree. Off topic I know but higher trap speed does not ensure a win. Lets take your example.

If two cars leave the line at the same time and one reaches 88 mph before the 60 ft mark but stops accelerating there and the second car doesn't reach 88 till well down track but accelerates to 100. The 88 would win. No these are not exact numbers but you see the point.

Rate of acceleration plays a big part in the ability to cover ground quickly. Gearing plays a large part in rate of acceleration. Ever see a drag race where two cars leave the same time but one is fast out of the hole and the other is a better top end car? Makes for some interesting finishes at the big end.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote