View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #16
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
So I've done exhaust and CAI, now I'm thinking about sway bars and springs/coilovers.

I don't plan on going to an autocross or any competitive driving course, the only non street driving I'd do would be going to the drag strip every once and a while. With that being said most of my driving is going to be just normal street driving. My roommate has a Corvette and last week we were going through a local park here with tons of twists and turns and I couldn't help but feel like i was driving a tug boat. Granted he did have a Corvette and I only have an LT so I wasn't expecting to be able to even compare to him. However I would like something to improve handling a little bit but not give up ride comfort too much.

I'd like to lower it just a little bit (for looks), I'd say at least an inch but nothing too much more than that, as I've heard alignment starts to become an issue. So I don't really think spending a bunch of money on coilovers is really necessary, but I could be wrong. Also I'm thinking sway bars would be a good idea too. Since I'm going to be doing normal street driving and some drag racing would sway bars make much of a difference?

I always see a lot of information from other users and performance places about SS mods but never too much about LT mods, so I'd figured I'd ask. If anyone has any advice that would be great! Also if anyone has any suggestions, specifically about parts to get, let me know.
You've got a ton a great choices, and many of the SS mods will be similar for your car. As always, we recommend checking out the Hotchkis TVS. If you get the desire to lean on it harder, go with the Track Pack and step up to the brace. But even just the sways and the springs make a big difference - they tighten up the road feel, eliminate wallowing, and give it a killer stance.

We've been doing so much Camaro testing recently that we started a blog just for Camaro handling. You can watch install videos, look at track times or just check out other Camaros. Come have a look hotchkis.net/blog
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote