View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #20
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
Thank you so much!!! This is the first thing I'm doing after my warranty expires and I've been wondering how to figure out which to go with. Thank you!

I wouldn't worry much about a cold air induction system and your warranty. I've had my car in a few times for powertrain warranty work. I had headers, aftermarket air intake, catch can, and a couple of other things. Each time warranty worked was performed without question. Reason? Nothing added could reasonably been attributed to my mods.

As far as which to choose, good luck. The tests showed numbers that would be useful if you were driving your car...on a DYNO. After trying the top two in that testing, and not being satisified, I took desirable parts from three manufacturers and did this. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=17

Not every intake is going to fit everyones needs. My car is a high mileage daily driver and during the summer it gets pretty hot here. You can imagine what underhood temps, while driving in town, are like. The intake, so far, that I like the most for my needs wasn't even tested. Just to note it wasn't the fault of the tester that it isn't shown on the spreadsheet.

For most people, if you buy an intake you'll probably be perfectly happy with it, no matter the brand.

She is only memory now.

Last edited by IndeedSS1; 12-21-2012 at 07:35 AM.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote