View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
Turbodog

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I can't imagine the heat and humidity being much different between Houston and New Orleans.

When you mixed the ZFX with the Z5 and then with the Z2, how much polish did you put in the mixing bottle at a time?

Once you added the correct amount of ZFX (4-5 drops per ounce of polish) to the polish in the mixing bottle and shook it for the 90 seconds, did you let it sit for 5 minutes and then shake it again before using it?

I didn't have any issues with the ZFX-enabled Z5 and Z2 drying in under 30 minutes when I did my car a few weeks back. It was 95 degrees out and humid as hell that day too (I lost 3 pounds that day!).
At first I put 1 ounce of Z5 and 4 drops ZFX and mixed as per instructions. I only used about half of the mixture and was planning to do a second coat until it took so long to get the first coat off. For the Z2 coats, I was trying to go even thinner; so I mixed about a third of an ounce with 2 drops ZFX.

You're right - if it sets in less than 30 minutes in Houston, it should do same here. At this point I can only assume that my ZFX is not doing what it supposed to??? Oh, and I competely understand about the 3 lbs.
Turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote