View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #34
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
I actually installed mine by that video. If I use the 90 and not the T fitting, which isn't listed on the parts list, then I can't hook the breather back up. I tried to put the 3/8 hose from the dual valve can to the fitting and I couldn't get it to work. I had some 7/16 line and was able to fit it on the end of the "T" fitting, but it was so sloppy on the can that I had to use a hose clamp. Not very clean looking. The hose is barely on the fitting and I'm afraid that it will come off at the worst time possible.

I just measured the 90 and it's ID is 3/8" the OD is 1/2". The hose that they supply for the breather is 1/2".

That is my dilemma. I must just be dumber than dirt cause I can't find anyone else that has had this problem. The valve on the can is 3/8" OD and the fitting/ bung is 1/2" OD.

I've been turning a wrench since the 80's and I would just like it to fit properly and have it look clean. I can make it work but I don't like that it doesn't look clean.
If you're hooking the CAI up to the Catch can (you need to have three ports on the top of your can) then you just run it straight to the 90 degree. Doing this replaces the breather as you are giving it a source of clean air.

At least that's my interpretation of it. If you have the RX can you could always call them or just call Roto-Fab (don't PM) and walk them through what you're trying to do.