View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #33
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I know will get many different answers, but looking for those guys 550+ to chime in....In all honesty as a daily driver where does the 550+ really come into play?

Currently looking hard at doing a Supercharger along with LS3 conversion. This will be my first 600+ car which never plan on tracking. Its not a Daily Driver, but mainly driven on weekends and attend shows.

In reality is 600+ just not necessary if never tracking?? Is having 600+ with above usage just for bragging rights?? My wife continues to ask, "do you really need 600+" My answer is always YES, but when thinking continue to wonder if doing just for bragging rights and showing off SC under the hood? Lots of dough to shell out.

So curious why do many of you have 600+ cars if you never plan to track. Do you find 600+ in reality is too much on streets and hard on the engine??
At first i was ok with 550+
But now i am pushing to go past the 600+ and its also my daily driver. Funny thing of what your wife said because my wife said the same exact thing lol! Go past 600+ trust me there will always be a need. I sure enjoy my daily drives
Goodluck man!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote