View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #30
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
When you do a track day or two, I suppose you could afford to change all the fluids after every event. When you do start going to a track day every other week, though, you start questioning if it's at all necessary.

GM itself recommends diff fluid change every 24 hours of track driving, but does not have any recommendations on oil change interval as far as I know. Perhaps they trust their oil life meter.

When you look at GT-R, the user manual recommends oil change only twice as often for heavy duty (track day) use, and recommends changing it immediately if you hit 280 degrees (?) or above if I recall correctly. So, there you have it. As long as you don't cook your oil, you don't need any of those crazy change intervals, and I don't see why LS3 would be any different
Sounds like the GT-R has a real oil cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanusa
Pressurized lubrication system with thermostatically controlled cooling and magnesium oil sump
Otherwise, that twice-as-often OCI recommendation is generally in line with the difference between "normal service" and "severe service" for most cars where both intervals are specified.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote