View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
good advice, Bob2. The initial production allocation is/was for the start of production in 2/09 through September 30. I'm guessing that GM is praying for a company saving homerun with the Camaro and will want them on the streets drumming up late-spring/summer sales demand. I'm #1 on my dealer's list and am hoping for delivery by Memorial Day. I'm guessing that production scheduling will be done by model and options to keep the production line moving as smoothly as possible since this is a new model. Since GM's materials stated they were staging on a 50/50 mix of V6 to V8 and the V8's seem to be ordered in a greater than 50% ratio on this forum, then I might guess that the V6 models might come off in a 60-75% mix as the parts will be staged. My fear is that the guys that ordered SS models will be deferred in production because GM might not have the correct mix of parts and engines in the pipeline.

Remember, production starts in 6 weeks +/- a week. ...and back when, it was nothing to order a car and wait 6 weeks for delivery.
I remember a thread on cz28.com where people were freaking out about the unfavorable production split for the SS since something like 84% of pre-orders have been SS's. Fbodfather came in to calm the crowd by saying that although they can't build 84% V8's right off the bat, he something to the affect of "this will not be an issue". So, I'm hoping there will not be a material damper on the V8 production.

Also, since you are first in your dealer's queue, I think you should expect delivery much earlier than Memorial day (I would be PISSED). You figure if they start production Feb 16th +/- a week, the first customers should be taking delivery by the second week in March. I am hoping to receive mine before the end of March.