View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #739
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
:So how much boost so you think your gonna run when you hit the track?

P.S. I used to go by Corvette_LS2_or_Camaro_LS3, I changed name to 4thGen427 due too long of a name. An was wondering why you didn't respond to my comments. Then I thought I changed my name!
Hey sorry 'bout that. Yeah that was a pretty long name you had there...

So about the boost - I think we are going to limit it to around 2-1/2 atmospheres or so which is around 36 - 38 psi. That should give it some decent power at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Thanks for the Bump rad...

There is a little delay in getting the SST engine on the dyno :( but for a much better reason.

Tom Nelson was at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah when his wife called him at 5:00 in the morning to tell him that her water broke. (Their baby was not due for another 6 weeks...) So being the first birth Tom flat hauled back home and made it to the hospital about 35 minutes after his son was born. Mommy and child are doing fine, but I can think of no better reason to have the guys at the NRE Supercar shop slow down on the SST stuff.

Having your first child is a very nervous time for most parents and to have it come early just multiplies it. Anyway, that's the story. ...And how many engine builders would call from the pre-natal ICU of the hospital to make sure the customer is happy.