View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Need some advise

Guys and gals: Here is my delima; I have found a 1986 Berlinetta V8 T-top car that will need a little work. It is a digital dash car (rare) V-8 car (also rare on that model) and it has 170,000 miles on it. Car is going to need to be gone through obviously. I know it needs the following: a t-top panel, a paint job, and probably the 305 refreshed/replaced.

This is where you fellow Camarophiles come in: How expensive are these cars (third Gens - leave the "berlinetta" aspect off the table) to restore/work on? Is this a money pit that should just be parted out and crushed, or is it a worthy example to be saved?

I know that Berlinettas are not the fastest, or best handling Camaros offered in the third generation, but the interior is my favorite of the third generations and a wacky memory of my youth (We have had two!). I basically want it for sentimental reasons, and the rarity of the '86 digital dash is appealing.

I will be looking at her this weekend, but advice towards making a decision would be welcomed.

Last edited by toesuf94; 11-14-2008 at 02:29 PM.
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote