View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #12
barrylnv

Drives: 2010 2SS IMB LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
Probably not corrected, that's how they smooth out the graph (also causes your numbers to go down some when they smooth it out)
Exactly . I'd only believe this if we saw "SAE" up in the corner and a smoothing of at least "3", and even then I'd ask for a baseline on this same dyno with the same correction and smoothing. People like to post only the numbers of dyno plots and not discuss such important factors and then claim outlandish gains. I'm not saying that is what happened here, more info needed, but MANY tuners on this sight have shown virtually no improvement with muffler deletes, cat-backs (unless 3", but even those are very minimal gains if any), post-cat cut-outs, etc. The restriction is in the cats, not mufflers.

Anyway, for those reading this - please be sure to include the whole story, unlike a lot of manufacturers (who do play the uncorrected vs. corrected gains and include tunes between pulls on parts that dont' need tuned and end up showing an extra 10-12 RWHP gain .. but I digress .. ).
ZR1 Clutch / LPE Flywheel
LPE IBM Coil Covers
Thorley Shorty Headers
Borla 140280 Cat-back
ADM Boost Gauge
MTI Shifter
Hotchkis Sway Bars
LPE Floor Mats
SRP Heel-Toe Pedals
barrylnv is offline   Reply With Quote