View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #1110
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Perhaps I am being included into that argument by your interpretation of what I wrote. Thats not the case, and I wasn't making any commentary about that discussion you guys were having in regards to a Corvette. I asked more of a "why can't we do this" open ended question, and did not base it upon any one comparison or example of performance to one vehicle or another. Carry on.
I didn't mean to come across like that, if I did I apologize for that. It's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Now back to the Z/28 Dream Car. The benchmark is not a Z06. The Pedders Camaro with a ProCharger has already been there and done that. My DREAM Z/28 walks a Z06. My DREAM Z/28 does sweat a Mustang in any configuration. My DREAM Z/28 is Chicago style.
They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!

No blower weight up front. No F/I heat soak. Better brakes. A differential that puts power down regardless of G load. Lighter weight wheels. Square wheel and tire setup. Creative lightening. Hoop with removable bar for two well installed 5 point harnesses. Brake ducts. N/A 600 RWHP. Better clutch. Separate hydraulic fluid reservoirs. Heat extraction. Thermal management.
Pete, this Chicago Croation LOVES this...MAKE IT SO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
As we've discussed at length, here, power-to-weight is the key ingredient for quick-'n-nimble vehicles. Let's take a look at some numbers:

ZL1 - 4100 Curb (lightly optioned [pun not intended]?) with 580/556 = 7.07/7.37

Z06 - 3132 Curb (1SA) with 505/470 = 6.20/6.66

SuperZEE - 3849 (1SS) minus 300 (and still streetable?) with 570/575 = 6.23/6.17 (LPE @ $19,995*)

SuperZEE - 3849 (1SS) minus 300 (and still streetable?) with 600/575 = 5.92/6.17 (Katech @ $12,350*)

* Assumes LT headers/exhaust in place; engine oil cooler extra. No claims of emissions compliance.

SuperZEE, as a "runner", is now at/past mid-$40s as a 1SS with near/now 600 hp, n/a. Weight reduction, wheels/tires, suspension, brakes, HD driveline upgrades are extra. At aftermarket-prepped/installed prices, add $15-20K.

Can it be done? Of course.

Raise your hand... "Operators are standing by..."
.................................................. .................................................. .......................

With regard to wet-sump vs. dry, and all manner of hardcore track-related goodies, I think from a GM perspective we need to initially concentrate on gettin' the car built and into showrooms... LS7, non-MR, HD driveline/brakes/wheels 'n tires. From there, Option Code TC1, either Oshawa-installed (?!) or GMPP-supplied and dealer/owner-installed (more likely), would be a worthy consideration: Engine/diff coolers, MR (possible RPO), dry-sump "upgrade" (possible RPO ala Vette GS/6-speed), front seats, "camera bar" etc. Ala carte, or complete.

'Course, if this is a tuner-only iteration, the sky's the limit as to features/options. Again, "can we help you lighten that moneybelt?!"
Where do I sign?
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote