View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 03:21 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I see why the dealers would do it. You have two dealers. One accepts orders and one won't. The one who does not accept orders tells possible buyers, "If you want this car, you just have to come in quick. We only get so many and you'll basically have to be here the same day it's released." This really pus you in a bind because you don't want to have to worry about checking w/ someone everyday. You put down your money and they call you.

Now, you have the dealer who does take deposits. You get a guaranteed place in line to order the new Camaro. They say, "we get 5 Camaros. You are #5 on this list and can basically come in whenever you want once we begin accepting orders and we'll get you taken care of. If you don't want to put money down, you can just hope you can order one the first go around. If not, it's going to be a while."

If you can buy a spot in line which is fully refundable, that just secures the sale for the dealership. I can see that. Personally, I wouldn't do it (just me...) but is not a bad idea. Oh, and the money down for the place in line would have to go toward the sale of the car.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote