View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
IF you were to go "mufflerless", you will not want to go downtown SD. I was stopped 4 times WITH mufflers that were under the 95dB limit and still sighted for a "disturbance". It is at the discression of the officer and very difficult to fight. Ticket was minimal, but the frustration was more the issue. Reverb downtown is a beech, and that was in a 5 liter car, not a 6.3.

There are a couple of "shops" that are certified Smog Test only and Test and Tune shops that "inspect" cars for Navy guys all the time with no problems passing the visual test nor sniffer. They tend to be a little more expensive, but if your going to sink the money into your car, it could be another expense that is worth it.

I had performance cam, heads, long tube headers and no problems passing smog. Every part I put on my car (except headers) had a C.A.R.B #, they are out there, it just takes a little research.

Good luck with your mods!
Sounds like your on the right track though.
Wow, thanks for that info.. were you in Gaslamp distric at night? because those cops are on the prowl..

You had LT's , cam!!?? and still passed?? WOW. Were you runnning cats? on my new set up I was thinking delete res, add high flow cats, Lt's, and maybe high flow muff..
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote