View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #47
Tusk
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: E350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper Jet View Post
Gville is 4+ hours for me and 3.25 hours to SGMP. So I'm good for both locations. It all about getting together with others and having a good time. 2 hours shouldn't makes a difference in a 2 day trip. JMO
Agreed, for those of us in the western panhandle, Gainesville is 4-1/2+ hours and SGMP is 4+ hours. Either location is a great roadtrip, my thoughts though are U of F will be having Homecoming, so traffic in town will be pretty bad as well as dining. Seems to me SGMP is fairly central for those is central florida as well as the western panhandle and traffic and dining may be a little more accomodating. For those in between it is still mostly a coin flip distance wise.

Therefore, as I close this disertation and get prepared to be blasted on how one or the other is better suited, I will leave with this: I still have a day's vacation from last year I have to use by December 1st so I will make the trek to whichever location is chosen. Just want to, as Mimi put it, "do a little meetin, a little greetin, a little eatin, and a little streetin" and maybe a little

Edit: Scrmin' Mimi will not be able to make the trip, so I added the last part to her quote. May have to add it twice...

Last edited by Tusk; 09-21-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote