View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent WD-40 View Post
Let me make sure I got this right... If you are using the Metra Axxess Trigger and you hit the mute button on the steering wheel the amp turns off. That means if you hit mute and flip on your turn signals you won't be able to hear them? What if you are on mute and get a call over bluetooth, will you be able to hear the phone ring over the speakers? Or do these events un-mute the line?
When using the Axxess Trigger - Basically, anything that uses the car speakers (chime, cell phone, etc) will have a 2-3 second turn-on delay if the radio was muted. Anything that causes a sound should break the mute and turn the amp back on. So you would still hear the phone ring, you just might miss the first ring if the radio was muted. Honestly, I will dig into this more - hopefully tomorrow after I get off work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent WD-40 View Post
Did you find you needed to adjust your gains to be more sensitive after you added a Ground Loop Isolation? Did you add a GLI to both pairs of inputs if you are running your setup with 4 RCA inputs (FR, FL, RR, RL)?
When I had the GLI's in place, I did need to adjust the gains slightly as the GLI's did knock the signal down. It didn't take much to get them back to what I consider normal. I basically judged the gain level needed by the chime volume.

I have the AudioControl LC6i in between my Head Unit and my Alpine right now so I have it's output levels adjusted to roughly 90%. It's a LOC, so they're not quite the same as gains, but similar. The gains on my amp are at 0% because I don't want to pop the factory BA speakers while waiting on my RF set to get here.

The best bet when adjusting gains is to put the keys in the ignition (with door open) and then adjust them to the maximum level you can stand your chime. Amp gain has a HUGE impact on chime volume. High gain = loud chime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundplus View Post
I have an ORIGINAL SoundStream Continuum Amp. 1 of the 800 polished aluminum ones that were sold in the US. I to am getting the turn off crackle, pop, and thump at the 2 second mark after I turn the car off. I used a PAC model TR-4 low volt trigger .. (I was told how to hook this up by a stereo shop.) to which I connected the trigger wire into the factory harness coming from the radio. it worked great for the turn on side of things. but I was not having a problem with turn on thump. I still had the issue at turn off.

After reading your posts.( Steve and Darkrider,, and a few others) I have come to realize it is the delayed signal that is causing this

I will be open to trying any and all of your suggested methods if it will fix the problem..

and about the chimes.. sorry I was under the impression you were talking about chimes when you got into the car.. So yeah.. if you are getting out of the car .. yes I would want to know I left my lights on or I left my keys in the ignition..
Man, I bet that TR-4 would have worked perfectly with my relay.....

When using the Axxess Trigger, you will still have your chimes, they will just have a slight delay. I'm old and fat, so it takes me more than 3 seconds to get my big butt out of the car - especially when getting my 3 year old out of the back.. Honestly, when I say 2-3 seconds, I may be exaggerating a bit, but different amps take different amounts of time to turn on and produce audio.

I'll tell ya what: You send me that SoundStream Continuum and your PAC TR-4 and I'll send you my Alpine MRV-F357 and Axxess Trigger

I was very close to going all SoundStream when I started planning my system - would have saved me some cash for sure. SoundStream made some awesome stuff back in the day (they still make some good stuff now, too). My first 15's were SoundStream SPL-15's. They were brutal.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote