View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
Not bad for the 1st night. I just joined a new team this year and all I heard was .. ease up ! You don't want a avg. That you can't roll next week. This is true but I was looking to shoot 700 so my bad I guess. With a 654 set and my last years book avg. Of 198 my new avg. Should be around a 208 . I'd like to stay around 200 but if I shoot high games every week I will . I hate sandbaggers .

I hear ya on the shoes ! I wear Dexter SST Myself. I have to have felt on the front haft of the slide and a red felt heal . If I used Amy of the 3 rubber heals that come with the shoes I'd fall on my face from the rubber grabing the lane .
My team mate shot 778.

He kept telling me not to bowl lights out and he shoots that. But if you average 198 and above in most leagues you're not getting any handcap anyway. So it doesn't matter what you set because your not getting any pins.

Now if you want to bown, say, a 3 man scratch league with a cap, then you'll want to keep it down. I bowled one one time where I was the low book average with 164 and my team mates were both 220+ and the team cap was 620. Loooong time ago. I barely knew those guys but they knew I was new and my game was improving as I got the hang of it. I averaged 198 on that league. We didnt' win but did quite well in prize money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
Bowling for the last 5 years after bowling as a child. Average in two leagues around a 210. Bowled a 735 last week and a 690 last night. All hammer equipment. just bought the Arson two weeks ago, what a great ball. Currently have nine balls, all drilled up differently with different cover stocks and the block in different locations. Although I'm competetive I still like to toss back beers on my bowling team. I bowl with a group of guys in one league and a mixed league on Saturdays. I am the lowest average in both.LOL
Holy crap. House shot?

And even still, that's crazy.

Last edited by PQ; 09-13-2011 at 01:54 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote