View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 03:48 AM   #210
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro View Post
I have been watching this forum for some time and now that the 2010 Camaro is released I have a question.

I have been loving this car since the concept and Hollywood interpretation of it. I even signed onto the waiting list with my local dealer with a note for a SS model if it was released. However, did anyone else feel like this production car came close but missed? When it drove in it just did not look right. No excitement like with the concept images. After several views of the video I think the (1) hood length has been shortened (a lot) from the concept, (2) Rear wheel vents became cosmetic indents, (3) Mirrors thicker and (4) Car is not as sharp overall and more rounded. Maybe bad images, but IMO if it all takes some of the umph from its attitude. Also, it is missing the little hood scoop vent intake on the hood.

Just my opinion, but was wondering if anyone else thought the same. I guess I will just need to wait another 9 - 10 months to see it in person before ordering. Or, start looking for another car for next year.
Not a whole lot of excitement because not a whole lot of lights, stage, and show.....because not a whole lot of money.

Now....look at our site. No excitement???? The freakin' site crashed for IE users due to the traffic!

Hood length shortened? Nope. Actually, there's 4 more inches between the front tires and the windshield. That, I believe, would make it longer.

Rear vents? When the first pic of the white pre-pro was released, we saw the indentions were just that...indentions....and not cut out. Been talked about a LOT here.

Side mirrors? GM said side mirrors would never pass specs from the beginning. Like two 1/2 years ago beginning. Safety...can't clearly see out of the concepts...not enough room

Hood scoop. Been talked about a lot lately too. It's not functional. There's a hood latch behind the scoop. The V6 is supposedly not getting the hood scoop. The V8 might get one that is not functional. We don't know that yet........but can pretty much be sure it'll be there. Nope on the V6, though.

Welcome to the site. Lot's to look through here and the info just keeps pouring in!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote