View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
It's not him. It's the craptastic car. Mine did it too. It's because of huge tolerances in all the different parts of the drivetrain and the flywheel being made cheaper than a McDonald's happy meal toy. They aren't supposed to turn more than 15 degrees yet a brand new one can turn almost 180 degrees. I saw it with 2 of them out of the box. The noise is the flywheel flopping back and forth. Mine was lemon lawed over the noise and the garbage transmission with huge tolerances in it. It's a noise a dealer should try and repair not a noise the driver learns to drive around. Only an idiot would think that. It's unreasonable to think a brand new car needs a completely different driving style. How come ONLY a 5th gen v6 m6 makes this noise out of all the cars made and driven every day????
I respectfully disagree completely.

You're jumping to invalid conclusions about both the quality of this car, and the manufacturing of other manual transmission cars. One situation does not represent the other 500,000 5th gen Camaros out there...

The little clicking you can hear if you're not smooth enough in 1st gear is normal as normal gets.

UNLESS....we're talking about two different noises. It sounds like you had a bigger issue - and I don't think the focus of this thread this is the same thing.