View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Mike,

Just like a Camaro isn't a G8 or a GTO which you've posted a ton of skid pad info for..... In fact the G8 is a completely different animal compared to the Camaro and the GTO is even further... Another thing we differ on is changing the wheels and tires; that is far from a direct comparison. Tires will make a huge difference but we aren't tire manufactures. What does your suspension do alone? I think for the customer that is what is important.

I commend you for working on the GM deal. There is certainly more involved there than having the best products; a lot of politics for sure. I've been involved in the Automotive aftermarket my entire life and I know how all of that works.

Kind regards,
There is a serious relationship between the G8 and the Camaro since both are Zeta platforms. The design is identical, but the Camaro a larger front radius rod bushing, but eliminated adjustability, which we have fixed, a larger rear cradle bushing assembly, changed some of the link bolts from a 12 to a 14mm mounting bolt, eliminated the lower control arm outer bushing, and changed the strut heights and coils to accomodate body shape, and different bends on the sway bars to again acommodate again body shape and sizes.

We have tons of time invested in the G8 and had no issues in making one that would out perform a Z06 on an open track with only 275 tires.. This gave us a lot of insight on the Camaro with the shorter wheel base, massive body role and understeer. So of all the vehicle combos, the G8 is the most appropriate vehicle to compare.

Have a great weekend!

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote