View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 AM   #12
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrbacardi View Post
Hi, I just bought a new Camaro 2010 and it comes with bluetooth. Im trying to connect my blackberry pearl for voice recognition but i just cant. When i enter to config/phone settings it just says not available. I also tried pressing the dial button but it just says no call list available. am I missing something ?
The phone Bluetooth is not the one that I worked on, so I'm not exactly certain what would cause that message to be displayed. To clarify a few things, you will not be able to pair while the vehicle is moving, so if you were, that could cause that message.

If you go into Config and then Phone, you should be able to select pair. Don't select the GPS option because that's not gonna work. Once you select pair, a voice should come on with instructions on going into your phone and searching for General Motors. A 4-digit PIN will be read aloud to you and will be displayed on the screen. You'll have to enter that into your phone. Once you do that, it will ask you for a nametag. Give it something that will let you know what your phone is. You could call it Blackberry, or whatever you like.

Once you have that done, to get to the voice recognition on your phone, follow these steps:

1. Press voice rec button on steering wheel. System responds with 'Ready'
2. Say Bluetooth. System responds with 'Bluetooth Ready'
3. Say Voice. System responds with 'OK. Accessing [speaks nametag you recorded during pairing]

Then your phone will start listening and you can speak your commands like you would normally when using your Blackberry's voice recognition.

If you'd like a bit of a shortcut, you can store nametags for common people you call in the vehicle, so you just have to say Call, and then say the nametag that you recorded. There was a post on how to set this up, as well as the steps that I just posted above. Check it out here.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote