View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #323
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Might want to ask #3 in his thread as he may not read this one but I thought the BA system sounded pretty darn good. Maybe some of the other people who have heard it can chime in (gtahvit, RT21...?). I didn't pump the volume (I was at the auto show) but it was definitely above my current stock (upgraded Bose) system and my previous aftermarket system. If you want a better stereo than normal you're probably best off getting the package. But if you want an amazing system, you're probably best going aftermarket. But again, I didn't spend tons of time with the stereo doing comparisons or anything so just take it as this man's opinion.
I read that changing the stereo in this car was going to be just short of a nightmare because of it's configuration and what's necessary as far as taking apart the dash, etc. The BA should be a hell of a head unit to begin with. IF in the long run you believe it lacks sufficient power, I suggest you do what I did with the Blaupunkt in the GTO, leave it, split the channels, change the speakers and add amps in the trunk. I put Alpines in the doors and rear quarters, Kicker 8" subs in the rear deck along with a single channel amp to run them and a V12 amp to run the others. Did 88% of what I wanted it to do without tearing apart half the dash to do it.