View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #15
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVAS View Post
Hey there gang,

I havent been posting much, just reading around here and enjoying. That said, can someone please respond and tell me if there are long tube headers, and a configuration of high flo cats etc. etc. that I can install that will NOT require a tune???

I do not want to ruin my warranty just yet, so depending on the responses, I may have to get Shorties and a cat back. IF I CHOOSE Shorties, and cat back, is there a high flo cat - mid pipe that I can use WITHOUT tuning? I have been searchuing high and low, but cant seem to convince myself there is nothing out there.

Thanks in advance folks.
I did fine without a tune with JBA Shorties, JBA High Flow Cats, and a Fastlane CAI. I gained about a half-second in the 1/4 mile with just those mods. NOTICEABLE, PROVABLE POWER.

No tune, no CEL's, no-brainer.

Warranty? Depends only if your dealer is a hard-ass. Should not, but may.

Yes, a tune helps, but in my case, I gained only 10hp. Without the tune, everything was fine - air/fuel ratio, ECM learning, fuel trims, etc.

And I'm still using the JBA shorties on my ProCharger build and putting down 620hp and reaching 10.7 and speeds of 128+ in the 1/4.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote