View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #154
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Sport Bar...

Revolutions SUper Sport reached out to me and offered a pretty good deal on the DT Sport Bar. I always liked the look, but was a little skeptical about the price. So when they made me an offer, I had to jump.

Install was fairly straight forward for the most part. A little confusing as to which bracket mounts to which side, but other than that simple. I had a HUGE issue getting the bar to fit in the mounts... without force, it lined up about a full 1" off center of the whole (too wide.) After some manuevering, I was able to get it on, but still the passenger side isn't completely flush with the trim pannels, it sits up in the front about 1/8"... I'm a stickler- it bugs me.

The whole bar angle is slightly too high in the front, and conversly too low in the rear- you can feel it pushing the trim pieces down in the back ever so slightly. Not a huge issue, just saying.

Clearance is close, but clear everywhere except on the rear outer edge of the bar, about 6" up from the trim, there I noticed the inside of the top does make contact with the bar on both sides... that worries me.

Otherwise, good to go! Directions coulda been a little more clear as to bracket direction (and even bar direction wasn't known until mid way through) Involved cutting a hole into the trim pieces which I wasn;t too fond of- but I guess there's no other way regardless as well as cutting some of the inner plastic -again, not a fan of removing parts of the vehicle...

Bar holds in place with small allen wrench bolts and a lot of force... I doubt it's going anywhere!

So here it is:

(Oh yeah- the logo's were my own touch courtesy of GM Partshouse)
Attached Images

Last edited by Drago77; 10-19-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote