View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
What are your plans for the stereo integration? I used the JL Audio cleansweep on my old Mazdaspeed6, unfortunately lost some of the steering wheel functions.

Keep us updated.
The only integration I'm using is the (SVEN4) peripheral speaker out to low level rca connector convertor. Other than that, everything is being driven off the factory deck along side a 32GB Corsair Voyager flash drive I ordered online for $86CAD a few days ago.

All you need to do for an overhaul is to cut the wire from your factory speakers and run the wire (all four outputs minus center channel) to the SVEN4 and bam, you got front and rear preouts for $35. Then with multiple amps, all you do is dixxy chain the preouts from one amp to the next!

Once you got preouts, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Along with the SVEN, I've attached photos of what a competition component door speaker looks like outside of the box. This is Pioneer's C720PRS in all its glory sporting a carbon fibre basket and titanium independent cone. There is also a tweeter but I just left it in the stirefoam. Honestly whatever brand you choose for replacing; the components are by far the most important portion of the car audio system. For those of you who dont want subs but want more thump, these components thump much much better than the stock factory Boston Acoustics ones. I also snapped a photo of the fuse I'm using that I will wire up just before the capacitor. In a system like this, I went with a 250AMP fuse.

Shaun
Attached Images

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote