View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 01:18 AM   #12
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Agreed 1000X over. Drivers have to make eye contact with other drivers and pedestrians. And at night, limo tint makes visibility difficult. It is a safety hazard, plain and simple. And I'm tired of all this impractical, ridiculous "urban" stuff like dark tint and 40 inch wheels ruining a perfectly good performance car.

The drop is a bit much for my taste, but I might be interested in a small drop. Unfortunately, I encounter a ton of very big speedbumps and some steep driveways every day, so I think I'll be keeping the stock ride height.
Why does any driver need to make eye contact with anyone while driving? Personally, I'm out for a drive instead of a staring contest. I prefer to use turn signals and/or hand signals to make my intentions known. At least I know that those are more likely to be seen by others then my eye movement. And I guess driving w/sunglasses is a hazard too? For people with light sensitive eyes, tint is probably better and safer for them to have than not.

Although, to some people, ANY tint is LIMO tint, it may just look real dark to you on the outside looking in, but even the legal amount looks that way. But it's really not as dark on the other side looking out. I know there's lots of opinions on this issue, but even if you aren't a fan of it, you have to admit that it will make a car's body and style look a lot cleaner than stock.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote