View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #245
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
In the 4th Generation it was below the SS in hp , and it is (NA) in the 5th generation which gives an indication that GM is not interested in it. Indeed, there is no referrence to the Z28 in that leaked GM document, which possibly means that the LS7 will be either an option on the SS or a standard on the 1LE. Most probably, the 1LE since it has a better suspension that can handle the LS7.

In business defination, the Z28 was at the decline level in the 4th generation and it is terminated now as a brand. This is known as the product life cycle.

Thats my own personal observation with no hard feelings or disrespect to Z28 owners or its history and please accept my apologies if my comments have offended you in any way.
I somewhat agree with you.

GM watered down the Z28 in the 4th gen. The SS was the top tier model. So there are alot of people that grew up knowing the SS as top dog. back around 2002 was when I really got into cars, just as the Camaro/Firebird were getting killed off. I wanted a Camaro and I wanted a SS because it was the top of the line Camaro. Alot of my friends who were also into cars knew that the SS was the one to have.

In the 4th gen the Z28 was just a trim level, base V8. If GM does it right, like Ford did with the Boss 302 with a 2 year run it could be a huge hit.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote