View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #8
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Internet shopping my man. You email every dealer with in range of you, tell them what you want and tell them to give you your best price. Go with the winner, however, once you've picked it, print the stuff out, because by the time you get there they will have "sold" that car or change the price for whatever damn reason.

Look, negotiate the price first, don't tell them you need financing, then negotiate your trade if any, finally the financing. Best if you have financing already lined up. Like through your bank or credit union. Then go down there, don't tell the guy what your rate is, ask him for his best rate, his is better or worse, doesn't matter, don't tell him what your other financing rate is. He doesn't need to know that, if he wanted to beat it he would have already.

That's in a nutshell, never be afraid to walk away from a deal, I've made salesmen, and in particular sales managers, red in the face because I was well prepared when I got there and explained to them I wasn't paying that damn price, or better yet tell them you've got a better rate or price at a different dealership, that really pisses them off. It's all about the thrill of the hunt.

Good luck

ding ding ding!!!

i agree with all of these and this is what i did.

i emailed all the dealers around me. once i got the best price i asked the others to match. none would come close to the one i purchased from.

When i went to do finance i told them what i could get at my CU and they asked if i would go through them i sad if they would beat it. that they did. my CU was at 1.9% i got 1.7%. needless to say if i carry out my loan i will be giving them a total of like $250 in interest.

keep in mind EVERYTHING on a car deal you can negotiate. the deal itself, the APR (if you have good credit), and the extended warranty
baum is offline   Reply With Quote