View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #167
PMJ
Seeking 9s on M6...

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 aka "BlackWidow"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
Looking good!
I see your getting your 60 foot times to 1.5's! that's not bad at all!
What gear are you running for the 1/4 mile, the 4.11's still?
I was thinking if I ran a 1.5 60 foot I'd be at 12.2's! Man I can't wait to I really dig in mine! Track opens in a couple months.
Can't wait to try my new twin disc clutch!
Have fun be safe.
George.
Thanks George! I'm running a ZL1 driveline with the 3.73 rear gear. I'm crossing the 1/4 at 6500 rpm in 4th. I think the slicks give me more confidence on my launches, so i'm launching harder. But i drove a friends car on drag radials and pulled a 1.6 60'...so i think it has more to improving technique then necessarily the tires. Although i'm still happy with the purchase of the slicks.

It was at an event last April that i was talking to a guy (friend now) describing his launch technique...i've been trying to master ever since. Definitely helped. He runs 9s in a manual (Corevette)! The first time i tried it that night, i broke a stock axel . Ironic thing is i had my ZL1 driveline at home...just didn't have time to install yet.

THe ZL1 seems to hold up (and my RXT clutch). THe technique is simply on the launch to slowly release the clutch as you slowly move to open throttle. Feathers the clutch and keeps the engine power up. My biggest problem is a mental block concerned with spinning the tires....i very rarely get to WOT in 1st gear. That's something i'm going to concentrate on my next trip to the track!