View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #313
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilletAnything View Post
I would have the tire shop just do a regular balance NO high speed bullshit balance they charge an extra fee for if that does not work you probably just need to re-build the wheel sometimes they do not align the rear and front hub level and that can cause vibration no matter how good you balance them. But honestly at the end of the day it's not Only Savini its all 3 pc wheels that have this issue it sometimes just works perfect and sometime does not but you would think for the price they charge it should work 100%.
Ok......Follow me here for a second.....Take into consideration I am no tire/wheel expert just an average Joe.

I had the high speed BS balance done, road force balance and a regular balance done all supposedly said they balance. The wheels went back to Savini and they SUPPOSEDLY took the wheels apart checked things tightened the tolerance and sent them back, of course the balanced them but they still vibrate.

I drove my car to work today since it is a different road than I normally tested these wheels on. STILL a vibration exists. I can go right after work and have another company try and balance them but for what good.

If a shop says they balance but when you bolt them on and they vibrate I do agree it is the wheel/tire combination but getting Savini or the vendor (BFXAUTO) to understand that is a difficult task. All I hear is " IN TOLERANCE"

I don't know many people in my area who could actually test these wheels to check the supposed tolerances, so trying to prove this to them seems futile and I think they know that and are playing on the fact that there are no wheel manufactirors in my area, that high end shops don't want to fool with it and that they hope I will just live with it and give up on this.

Problem is that it is really irratating when you drive it and the steering wheel shakes, so how can you ever really "just forget it"
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote