View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #12
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tech View Post
Pfadt actually has a new prototype rear spring in development and testing to be used on the SS and V6 models. I have a set on my car that I'm testing, with rear V6 shocks that had caused problems with the previous springs. So far, they seem to be perfect, with no noise and excellent ride! There will be more information as things get further along.

- Jeremy
That mirrors our experience with the new spring package as well. Hopefully pretty soon we will be able to provide a spring kit that will work flawlessly for the V6 once again.

To touch on the main issues one more time:

1. There was a change in droop travel length to the V6 Rear shocks sometime in late 2010 after we released a drop spring kit that worked for both the V6 and V8.

2. Due to these changes V6 owners can either purchase V8 rear shocks or wait for a revised spring package.

3. We are currently developing a revised spring that will work great for both the V6 and V8. Big Thanks to JDP for allowing us to test on one of their cars!

4. Should the testing go as well as it has so far, V6 springs should be available again soon for the V6 without needing to swap to V8 rear shocks.

We're getting close here gentlemen! Stay tuned as we get closer to final production.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote