View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #205
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
This! Which equates to a VERY expensive toy. As I said before. Rarity and nastalgia. Thats what youre paying for UNLESS you're purely a camaro enthusiast. Then youre getting a REAL Z/28 Forget the high end parts ect. Im sure no more than 5% of those sold will ever see the track. Drag strip? Probably more so.

There's a sucker born every minute. Ill wait for him to buy it then sell it to me for a cheaper used price that's much more accommodating.
I tend to agree with you on this. Shortly after ZL1 production hit it's stride in 2013, there seemed to be used ZL1s popping up for sale everywhere. Some with up to 6000 miles but many were not even out of their break-in period.

The higher mileage ones could be presumed to be impulse purchases where the original buyer sold his mother-in-law to get in one, or fell under some hardship and found themselves having to sell or trade it in for a more reasonable, budget friendly conveyance.

Many of the low mileage ones were likely purchased as a "collectible" or "investment". As soon as reality set in about the collectibility or investment value, ZL1 collectors were dropping like flies.

I think the same will happen here, once the initial hype of collectibility and investment value wear off, Z/28s will become available on the used market in "Cherry" condition for well below MSRP.