View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #569
RichieSSZ28
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS & 14' Sierra Z71
Hey guys. I installed a Ring Brothers Reservoir on my 2010 and I didn't flush the fluid throught the clutch but I did make sure there was no air in the lines as I filled it up. But once I did get it all hooked up and filled with fluid. When I compress the clutch the fluid would shoot out of the vent on the reservoir. At first I thought I may have had to much oil as there was not a level line. But after the install I could tell the difference in shifting. I did not have any problems going into 2cnd on high RPMs. But after several months I was driving one day and my clutch stuck to the floor. I took it to the dealer. Explained to them what I had done and the mechanic looked at it the next day and told me I had air in the system but it was caused by the fluid going out the vent and allowing air to get in??? Do you believe this? They connected it back to stock and it shifts different now. I was wondering if any one can give me there opinion on this. I may have just messed up by not flushing the fluid properly and it eventually migrated into the clutch? What do ya'll think?
SLP 1-3/4" LT Headers, 3" High flow cats,MGW short throw shifter with Orange SS, Magnaflow 2.5" Street series aggressive full system exhaust with 4" Tips, MGW Short throw shifter, K&N CAI, SLP 160 thermostat, Diablo Sport Tune by SLP, Sinister Street scene Package, Custom Two Tone paint scheme(Pearl black and Inferno Orange) by Owens Customizing, Two tone Engine cover, 22" Gianelle Cuba 10 matte black with ball cut details, Vredestein SUV assanta tires 265/35 and 315/30.
RichieSSZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote