View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
jbreed

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Cyber Gray
Good advice...But I still say manuals can be wrong...My spare is on order and I need to move on...but before I do it's wrong to assume one hand at GM always knows what the other is doing...check out the below from earlier this year:

Federal Register: February 9, 2009 (Volume 74, Number 25 [Page 6453-6454] From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov] [DOCID:fr09fe09-79] DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION National Highway Traffi...c Safety Administration
[Docket No. NHTSA-2009-0003; Notice 1]

.. The vehicle owner's manuals and tire and information placards included all required information associated with the spare tire equipped vehicles. When a production change substituted a Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit (inflator kit) for the spare tire, the vehicle tire and information placards should have been revised to comply with paragraphs S4.3(c) and S4.3(d) FMVSS No. 110, but were not. (2) The vehicle price label (a.k.a., the Monroney label) has the correct information, whether the vehicle is equipped with an inflator kit Therefore, original purchase owners should already know if their vehicle is equippedwith an inflator kit in place of a spare tire...Read More
jbreed is offline   Reply With Quote