View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #41
SuperchargedStealth

Drives: '11 Camaro Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopterman View Post
Slowhawk, how is the throttle control better with the ECS?

So far the only down side I'm seeing with the ECS kit is it takes up a lot of space in the engine compartment so it would be harder to work on your engine after it is installed because of the limited space. Is this correct?

And the downside for the PD blower is Price, heat, and lower HP then ECS correct?

Oh and the PD blower needs a CAI where the ECS kit does not use one due to space?

Thanks guys!

Depending on what kind of motor work you're having done, you can work around the ECS kit. The ECS kit does not use a CAI kit because there is no need for it. If you look at the Vortech kit, it is nearly identical, however the reason that you see just a filter on it is because of airflow. They learned that it doesn't achieve the same power because the airflow on the Vortech has to travel from the front of the car, to the side and back into the blower. By just having it where ECS has it, it's more unrestricted and has zero to little effect on IAT's.

I have the YSi kit now, and even though it is a larger blower, I don't find that much more difficult to work on the engine.
SuperchargedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote