View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #52
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrja View Post
LEOs I have known did not have a quota in a way that most people think of them but they were "heavily encouraged" to keep tickets at a certain level. One even had to radio in so many license plate checks in the early AM hours when the bars close down. Another had a shift supervisor that setup bingo games. Just having a blue shirt on could mean a ticket for the smallest thing so they could get a mark on the board. Paid time off was the usual prize. What I really love is how they called everyone a civilian, like they were not.

And yes, there are so many out there that give the rest a bad name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
Cops don't actually have quota's! This is a myth, at least the department I'm going to work for doesn't.

Anywho, sounds like the cop was just bored/wanted to be a dick. From my standpoint, those charges won't stand a chance.
All the Police officers I know will also confirm that there is no quotas..... BUT like most jobs there is this thing known as a "performance review".

It goes a little like this. Office Joe you worked traffic duty over the last <insert time period> . During that time statistically you should have witnessed <insert number> of traffic violations. Based on your personal performance goals you are expected to "enforce the law" on <insert percentage number> of witnessed violations. This formula equals a certain number of tickets written.

So the department does not have a quotas but a cop that does not write a certain amount of tickets could get a poor performance review. They get enough of those and disciplinary action occurs.

Subtle difference but it allows the department to say " No we do not have quotas."

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote