View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
my biggy question 3whiterag is gm considering the ls3 the base v8 (aka the base mustang) for price or is the ls3(supercharged or not) the gt500 competition?

If the ls3 is in the gt500 range.. my guess is the l98 is the base v8!?!?!

PS - i really wish the ls3 would be the base v8
First of all - a.k.a. means "also known as". I hope to God Camaro isn't going to be known as Mustang.... I think the only way Mustang will make it's way into the Camaro name is with killer after it.

Second - I don't think SS (assuming this is Top Dog) will be the equivalant of a GT500. That may have to be a limited Production Camaro model, in order to compete. My belief is that 'SS' is going to be an apperance/perfomance package again. Not a-whole-nother trim level. Chevrolet says they are going to take it easy with the SS this and SS that. If they weren't careful we may have ended up with an Uplander SS. So to make a Camaro SS when Z28 already has dibbs would be kind of pointless IMO.

And as far as I have heard: The L98 is supposed to be the foundation of the LS3 (IMO the high-end Camaro V8)- keep in mind the L98 is still a truck engine so.............