View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Hopefully this article should be written about ALL businesses and not just the auto industry. How would it work when other industries worked and made little or no money because of articles like this? It would be nice to go into a restaurant and get the filet mignon for the price of a burger, or lobster for the price of a fish stick. God forbid the dealer makes a little money. No wonder the auto industry is in trouble. Profit is NOT a dirty word.
I'm confused... You're either sending mixed messages or you missed the point of this thread. I absolutely want to see the dealership make good money. Just don't want VIN etching when I never asked for it. (please offer it to me first)

Your following two posts are EXACTLY what this post is about and what we wish to avoid no matter what the industry. Being informed is what any smart buyer does, and I do appreciate what you have done for this forum. You are one of the VERY BEST out there... I just think you missed this one, probably due to all the complaining you must obviously deal with all the time. Please dont' take this the wrong way... I was just suprised by your answer.

I'm paying MSRP which should be a fair deal for all and I sincerly hope you can make a few bucks and get the volume to really make a difference in your business.

Quote:
The $275 is a made up charge for additional profit. They may as well have charged you $275 OVER MSRP. Same thing. You should check with your local AG. In New York, that is illegal to charge that fee.
Quote:
I JUST NOTICED $282.50 FOR BILLING AND CLERICAL FEES !!

You have just paid over $500 over MSRP. Congrats! You've been officially hosed.

Seriously, you need to clarify those fees with someone in your state.