View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 12:55 AM   #218
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonAych View Post
My two cents on the whole thing...

When I first laid eyes on the concept, it wasn't just the sharp exterior styling that caught my eye, but that big swath of ABL was simply arresting. The total package just worked inside and out. When production was first announced, in my mind I was thinking that if they keep it as close to the concept as possible, I was buying that car. I wouldn't even consider anything else.

When the pricing and options were announced, I thought it was a bit much. The options list was pretty restrictive and getting a car with ABL and leather was going to require the 2LT package. I didn't want anything else that came with the 2LT, but I figured it would be worth it to get the ABL and the leather. But the price was a bit more than I wanted to pay, and that's when I started thinking about giving the competition a chance.

Now that the full ABL isn't going to be offered, I don't have any reason to get the 2LT except for the leather, and I'm not shelling out that much for just leather seats. So at the least, if I do get a Camaro, GM is getting a couple thousand less out of me. But moreso than that...the dash and door panel plastic was underwhelming IMHO, but the full ABL made up for that. Without it, the interior now doesn't have any advantage over the competition. In fact, I daresay the new Mustang's interior looks better, and the Genesis coupe could give it a run for its money.

So whereas a year ago I was going to buy a Camaro without question, all of the competition is now on the table and I'm going to drive each competitor and work from there. The Camaro still has advantages with its exterior styling and power, but pricing, options, and interior quality is dropping its stock in my eyes.
You should get a radio flyer with a string of Christmas lights wrapped around it. That would definitely be better than the Camaro without ambient lighting.