View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #44
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I'll put it this way - they have perfectly fine grounds to deny your claim. That said, many dealers won't do that to you, but you don't really know for sure. Is the dealer you use for service the same dealer you bought the car from? Sometimes they may be a bit more likely to help.

In the end none of us can truly answer this, its up to the discretion of the dealer.
Yes the dealer servicing is the dealer purchased from. I know about modding and voiding the warranty. I guess my question is since GM knows there is a problem with SOME transmissions and since mine may have fallen into that range becuase of date of purchase, would I still be protected if the tranny shaft broke even though I modded.

The dealer probably wouldn't come into play since alot of people are saying that if you have powertrain issues that they have to get approval from GM.

I have had my car over a year and only have 6700 miles, I do not race but I would like to try out all the features, ie launch control etc... but just trying to cover my bases if the tranny breaks. I understand about the rest of the car and the motor, but the tranny is the question. Thanks for your in put